Wednesday, September 23, 2009

350.org

24 October 2009
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF CLIMATE ACTION




For all of human history until about 200 years ago, our atmosphere contained 275 parts per million of carbon dioxide. About 200 years ago we started burning ancient sunlight (coal, oil, and gas) and began increasing this number until we are now looking at 400 parts per million. (we're at about 390 now) We need to get back to 350 part per million or under to have a chance of maintaining planet earth as a hospitable home. the science here......


With a day of action coming up october 24, (happy birthday mom) I will work on this post till then....



Here is the start of my action.... I get alot of air traffic taking off and landing from the local airport so I decided to put my message where all could see from the air.....

1 comment:

CmnThru said...

Wow, that's a lot more visible than I'd imagined. There's no doubt you're making a statement. Good going!! (Also, nice paint job for sure.)